Monday 15 August 2011

KERALA BELLY!!

Well I've been in Kerala for 3yrs and still I'm no part of it.I have lived in the streets of  Delhi since childhood although I'm a Malu.All those who are like me must have understood what it is like to be in my shoes.
when the option to come and study in Kerala was brought about in front of me I pushed myself and said yes why not ? I'm going to my hometown.
It was hard to get into a place without my family though my relatives live here yet a missing kind of feeling that slaughters you each day.But all was fine i guess the excitement  to make new friends took over me and i was happy.
It was the first day i realize that i was not at all a part of the crowd.I found difficult to communicate over to them that my mother tongue was Malayalam they always go on top with their conclusion that  it was Hindu.Whatever!
Then their was the trouble to express my opinions.I took the best way that i could speak i.e English.but still it didn't do any good.
Then even after these many years I have not learned Malayalam and they say I must be ashamed of myself.
I say why should I be ashamed? I tried but a little difficult and my laziness to study takes me over all the time.

Many might fuse over what I said but it is one's opinion and I have the right to express it.even being a malu  I'm still not belonging here because there is no language in which I could express what I have to say.

Now what can I say ?language have become a need for me.But something that I got without that communication is friendship.My friends always stood by my side and covered for my mistakes.My relatives ask me if I have adjusted and I pop out saying it is not me who has adjusted it is my friends who have adjusted for me.
I love the weather conditions and it is quite enjoying with my friends. I still don't know why people call it gods own country but I feel it is because of the friendship and the love that we get from the people from here is what makes it special.






1 comment: